Monday 27 April 2015

April Monthly Favourites

LUSH Golden Egg Bath Melt
Whenever its any kind of festive event / holiday, I instantly think of the limited edition things from LUSH, sad I know but that's how my twenty one year old mind now seems to work.. 
Anyway at the beginning of the month I headed into the shop and picked up a few special Easter products including this golden egg as well as a few rabbit shaped bath bombs. 
I seriously loved this bath melt (even if it did leave gold glitter ALL over the bath) .. it leaves a really nice kind of silky feeling to your skin and smelt very calming too.
Mug Cake // Dodo Mug (ASDA/ £3)
Cakes are one of my many downfalls in life.. 
This been said I had been looking at mug cakes for quite some time now & fancied having a go of my own.
If you don't know what a mug cake is.. its cake making without all the fuss of messy bowls, mixers, heating the oven etc. 
You basically put all your ingredients into a large mug.. give it all a good mix with a spoon and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes.. so easy & so so good! 

The recipe I used was one from TESCO's website and was chocolate&raspberry..
I'll list all the ingredients below in case you fancy trying one for yourself. 

4 tbsp self - raising flour
4 tsp golden caster sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp malted milk powder (Horlicks)
1 large egg
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp sunflower oil
6-8 raspberries
10-12 chocolate chips or chocolate buttons
mix together and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes
ELLE Magazine 
Ah the ELLE mag stickers get me everytime, last time the latest fashion designers were made into fruit and veg that suited their names & this times animals .. Amazing.
A few of my favourites have to be Anna as a lizard & Chinchilla Versace!
Alexa Chung / IT
I don't think I will ever fall out of love with Alexa's book, its possibly the most 'Instagram-able' book ever created & its been on my instagram feed probably a few too many times.
I love some of the advice in the book and how its so easy to relate to.. if you're having a bit of a rough time, have a little read through & it will soon make you realise that the problems you have seem to be happening to every girl / woman and that its completely normally.. from heartbreak haircuts& what to wear to a festival.. we all need a bit of Alexa advice. 

Snapple Kiwi & Strawberry
Something else that is very suited for instagram, this perfect pale pink drink from snapple.. I admit I bought it for how pretty it looked but it actually tasted amazing, &something I would happily drink for the rest of my life (daily if I could).

Last but not least, PRETTY LITTLE LIARS .. for a good few months, two of my friends were speaking about Pretty Little Liars & how I should start watching it. After a few train journeys of not understanding the conversation (who the hell is A?) 
I decided to jump on the bandwagon and have a little watch to see what they were talking about. 
Now I'm not usually one of these people who gets hooked on shows but I swear my netflix app hasn't been closed for longer than an hour for the past month. I seriously got the Pretty Little Liars bug & have already finished all five seasons in just over a month and a half.. I already can't wait for the new episodes to come out. 

I hope you're all well, &would love to know if anyone try's the mug cake too. 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. as always your choice in reading material is fantastic and OMG THE MUG CAKE!!! it looks totally delicious <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig