Sunday 15 April 2012

Ombre Tips; Hair

First of all, I'm not in anyway claiming to be a hair pro/hairdresser, this is simply my experience&how I did my hair. When I wanted to ombre my hair it looked at lots of blog posts, youtube video's etc. but the wasn't one that made me feel 'secure' about bleaching my hair, it was all either them putting on the bleach or just images so I'm going to post about my hair, see if mine can be abit different&hopefully pretty helpful.

What is ombre hair?
Ombre or 'dip dying' the hair is basically just a graduation of color, from light to dark, or dark to light. The most common you will probably see is black/brown to a blonde colour although now colours are getting pretty big to.
What bleach/how do I do it?
Now, alot of people think a highlighting kit will give you this effect but your hair will have to be naturally blonde/really really light&never dyed for that to work, so bleach is your option. You could always go to the hairdressers but I think a 'alternative hairdressers' would do the job much better for you, many hairdressers kind of just give you a block kind of colour, a block of brown hair on top then bright blonde on the bottom, When I went to see about mine they didn't have a clue what I was on about so I went for the DIY option. 
Any bleach will do, I used Loreal Paris, Perfect Blonde creme this time for about £6.50 from Superdrug. 
The kits have everything in, all you will need is tin foil (optional) and a colouring brush(optional to). Now the kit has instructions but they will normally be for a full head of hair or re-colouring the roots, stick to them but only apply the colour on the bottoms of your hair (however and wherever you want). I part my hair into sections then lay it on to a piece of tinfoil, apply the bleach then wrap it up for 20-25 minutes. (Youtube have alot of video's going threw the exact steps which you might want to have a look at). I was nervous of it looking silly if I put the bleach in the wrong place but this is the joy of ombre.. It can't really go TO wrong, I mean it can go wrong, what can't? But the are no rules for example highlights need to be evenly spaced and about the same width.. this doesn't, obviously start the bleach from the bottom as that's what you want to be the 'dip dye' part. Your aiming for the look asif you've put the ends of your hair in a tub of blonde paint hah. Alot of people just apply the bleach with their hands (gloves on of course) which might be a easier option for you? If I was going to tell you something.. Less is more the first time, you can always rinse it out and apply more bleach however one its on your hair you can't take it off and do it differently.
Me, Personally.
I have ombre'd my hair three times (today being the third) however I didn't do this all at once, I've had my hair like this for 8/9 months, each time I was happy with the result but it does look pretty ginger the first time. I wouldn't recommend you using bleach often as it really does ruin your hair, just try your best to keep it in its best condition, I have really split ends because of the bleach but what can you do hey?
Just for a comparison for the top of my hair to the bottoms; 
It does look pretty scary (even to myself) when I look at this but it blends so easily.
Basically when you buy bleach/ombre your hair you may as well be buying split ends so, just be aware of that.
I hope this has helped in a way, I didn't want to just post loads of picture of my hair, I wanted to point out how it does ruin your hair, I know this is really bad to say but I think it's well worth it .. You only live once so who really cares about a add few split ends& spending a few more £££ to keep your hair from looking like a pile of hay. 
Hope your all well. 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. awesome! ombre is the wayyy. and you have beautiful hair. lucky for me, i work at a salon a couple days a week so i can it done for (almost) free! i'm planning on it for summer. now following your blog! come say hi if you fancy.

    http://bridgetfossedal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig