Wednesday 22 June 2016

NYC - What I got up too..

In my last post I was a few days away from jetting off to the big apple for a city break... 
New York was everything I thought it would be & more, so amazing! 

To be honest I was a little nervous about going mainly because of how people say you can't stop for a second without getting trampled on haha, but luckily enough I never came face to face with a situation like that (maybe Times Square actually, but other than that, all safe & sound!).

As a city I actually found New York to feel one of the safest & most friendly places I had ever visited!


So what did I get up to? 

Of course the obvious super tourist trips had to happen.. Statue of Liberty was top of the list for me as I had seen so many amazing photographs & just could not wait to get snapping some of my own!


We had around five days to explore the city & made plenty of stop offs in the following places -
Central Park
Rockerfeller
5th Avenue (luckily our hotel was just off of here which meant lots of shopping!)
The Guggenheim Art Gallery
The Natural History Museum
Chelsea Market
The High Line Park
Times Square
Upper East Village (Sex and the City fans know the score)
Grand Central Terminal
& the Empire State Building


We were super lucky with the weather for most of the days which made me one very happy tourist! 
One of my favourite, not so typical tourist hot spots was the CUPCAKE ATM machine at Sprinkles Bakery just opposite Bloomingdales.. 
After spotting this gem on Instagram & my friend telling me all about it, I just knew I had to go & let me tell you the red velvet cupcake did not disappoint, so delicious! 


For other not so typical hot spots I made a Pinterest board before I left which you can find .. here!


As I also mentioned, the hotel I stayed in was just off of 5th Avenue which was perfect for me just not so much for my bank balance / holiday budget. On the very last day I caved and treated myself to a new pair of Miu Miu sunglasses, as I already have the green glitter ones I thought I would keep it classy and go for all black with simple gold details. I love them so very much & see them as I kind of reminder of how much of a great time I had in NYC too! 


Have you been anywhere exciting recently or jetting off sometime soon? 
Let me know! 

I hope you're all well. 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig